(PDF) Seabiscuit · 9780345465085
An American Legend
by Laura Hillenbrand
- First published: June 30, 1999
- Places: United States of America
- Awards: Book Sense Book of the Year Award for Adult Nonfiction (2002), William Hill Sports Book of the Year (2001), Puddly Award for Nonfiction (2004), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for General Nonfiction (2001)
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- ISBN: 9780345465085 (0345465083)
- Format: mass market paperback, 457 pages
- Genres: history, biography, sports, animals, horses, historical
- Language: english
- Author: Laura Hillenbrand
- Release date: July 1, 2003
About The Book
There’s an alternate cover edition here
Seabiscuit was one of the most electrifying and popular attractions in sports history and the single biggest newsmaker in the world in 1938, receiving more coverage than FDR, Hitler, or Mussolini. But his success was a surprise to the racing establishment, which had written off the crooked-legged racehorse with the sad tail. Three men changed Seabiscuit’s fortunes:
Charles Howard was a onetime bicycle repairman who introduced the automobile to the western United States and became an overnight millionaire. When he needed a trainer for his new racehorses, he hired Tom Smith, a mysterious mustang breaker from the Colorado plains. Smith urged Howard to buy Seabiscuit for a bargain-basement price, then hired as his jockey Red Pollard, a failed boxer who was blind in one eye, half-crippled, and prone to quoting passages from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Over four years, these unlikely partners survived a phenomenal run of bad fortune, conspiracy, and severe injury to transform Seabiscuit from a neurotic, pathologically indolent also-ran into an American sports icon.
Author Laura Hillenbrand brilliantly re-creates a universal underdog story, one that proves life is a horse race.
From the Hardcover edition.
Hardcover book Seabiscuit on PocketBook. Hardback Seabiscuit Laura Hillenbrand buy cheap on Audible. Paperback ebook Seabiscuit download on Bookshop. MP3 ebook Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand read online for Mac. FB2 Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand buy Android on Books-a-Million.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.