(PDF) Getting the Reformation Wrong
Getting the Reformation Wrong
Correcting Some Misunderstandings
by James R. Payton Jr.
- ISBN: 9780830838806 (0830838805)
- Release date: July 8, 2010
- Language: english
- Publisher: IVP Academic
- Genres: history, theology, religion, christian, christianity, school
- Format: paperback, 272 pages
- Author: James R. Payton Jr.
About The Book
Getting the Reformation wrong is a common problem. Most students of history know that Martin Luther nailed his ninety-five theses to the Wittenberg Church door and that John Calvin penned the Institutes of the Christian Religion. However, the Reformation did not unfold in the straightforward, monolithic fashion some may think. It was, in fact, quite a messy affair. Using the most current Reformation scholarship, James R. Payton exposes, challenges and corrects some common misrepresentations of the Reformation.
Getting the Reformation Wrong:
– places the Reformation in the context of medieval and Renaissance reform efforts
– analyzes conflicts among the Reformers
– corrects common misunderstandings of what the Reformers meant by sola fide and sola Scriptura
– examines how the Anabaptist movement fits in with the magisterial Reformation
– critiques the post-Reformational move to Protestant Scholasticism
– explores how the fresh perspective on the Reformation could make a difference in today’s churches
Hardback ebook Getting the Reformation Wrong by James R. Payton Jr. buy cheap for Android. MOBI Getting the Reformation Wrong read online on Barnes & Noble. Hardcover book Getting the Reformation Wrong James R. Payton Jr. Mac on Dymocks. MP3 Getting the Reformation Wrong download.
Online book Getting the Reformation Wrong James R. Payton Jr. download on reader. Paperback ebook Getting the Reformation Wrong read on Amazon. FB2 ebook Getting the Reformation Wrong. TXT book Getting the Reformation Wrong by James R. Payton Jr. buy on Kindle on Walmart.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.